Nowadays, ceramic cooktop stoves are readily available throughout the world. Traditional cooking ranges are no longer something consumers prefer due to the fact that they are now out-dated. These ceramic cooktop stoves have a smooth yet beautiful surface finish. This surface consists of tempered ceramic glass. Additionally, the surface has heating coils below the metal and under the sheet of ceramic glass.
Glass top stoves are available in different colors, styles, and designs and offer the customers a wide variety. Where these stoves or cooking ranges look elegant and give a well-finished look to your kitchen, cleaning them in the best possible manner might be a hassle. These stoves are extra delicate, and hence, maintaining them with proper cleaners is essential.
Even though these stoves are smooth, they might become very tough to clean with just a sponge and water after spilling something greasy on them. Hence, we have managed to list down the top four most specialized cleaners you need to consider for your very own glass top stove.
Best Cleaner for Glass Top Stoves
Cerama Bryte’s glass cooktop cleaner is one of the most efficient cleaners of all time. Many cooktop manufacturers often recommend this cleaner because it manages to clean almost any greasy stain or residue left after an extensive cooking experience. To be specific, this cleaner is perfect for your kitchen if you often work with more greasy substances.
This cleaner comes in a liquid form and is made in the USA. The liquid cleaner comes in a plastic container and may also come within a kit along with a scraper that makes cleaning even more efficient than before. The liquid just needs to be poured on the residue or stain, and then you can scrape it to make the residue vanish away. The product does not give the surface a rough look after you use it.
- Manages to remove stubborn stains easily
- Leaves no scratches on the surface
- Manages to fight against grease
- Contains chemicals that might irritate the eyes
- Works best only when the stain is fresh (may not be efficient enough for older stains)
Effectiveness Against Stubborn Stains: Cerama Bryte’s ceramic cooktop cleaner works best against the most stubborn stains. Be it grease or stubborn residues of vegetable or egg oil, this cleaner can fight against any such substance. People know this product for its quality, and hence, this cleaner is one of the best of all such products since it will make sure to remove any such stains or spots.
Another efficient glass cooktop cleaner is the Weiman cleaning kit. This kit comes with non-abrasive sponge pads and a liquid solution that works best to remove all kinds of stains. You can use this pad to remove and fight against burnt food or stubborn grease. The way to use this kit is quite easy as you just need to pour the liquid on the affected area of the stove and then tap it with the sponge pad, which gives you a perfectly clean surface again. The cleaner comes in a 10-ounce bottle.
The pad that comes with the kit has a special design that enables it to clean ceramic or glass surfaces. These pads have a micro-bead technology, which makes it even more suitable for scrubbing dirt off. However, this pad does not damage the surface even after you have scrubbed it quite roughly.
- Contains micro-bead technology in pads
- Can remove burnt and grease stains easily
- Works on any smooth surface
- Relatively more expensive than other such products
- The liquid does not remove stains immediately
Non-Damaging Ability: This cleaner does not only remove any kind of tough stain, but it also maintains the surface shine. In fact, the Weiman cleaner gives your stove even more shine than before. It also leaves no scratch on the surface, leaving the surface as new as possible.
Bar Keepers Friend has produced a multipurpose cooktop cleaner that helps remove stains even after they have not been treated for a long time. The formula does not contain any ammonia or silicone yet still manages to give your surface a clean look. It can remove dirt, fingerprints, mineral water marks, and any grease stain as well.
This product can easily take care of any kind of stains. Moreover, it also works for any kind of stainless steel appliance present in the kitchen. This product does not only clean off dirt but also gives your surface the ultimate shine it deserves.
- Can remove mineral deposits from the surface
- Works on various surfaces (stainless steel, porcelain, ceramic, glass, and tiles)
- Gets rid of tough grease stains
- Difficult to remove burnt stains with the cleaner
- May not provide enough shine as other such products
Multi-Purpose Function: This product is not just any ordinary cooktop cleaner. People best know it for how you can use it to clean absolutely any stainless steel, ceramic, or glass material present in your kitchen. Not only this, but you can also clean tiles using this product.
As the name states, this cleaning kit helps give your cooktop a fresh new look. This cleaner manages to cut through tough residual stains and leaves behind a polish you would love to have on your cooktop surface. The product comes in a foamy cream form that works efficiently against all kinds of dirt or stains that may seem stubborn or non-removable.
Various kitchen appliance companies like Whirlpool and KitchenAid have recommended this product for the best cleaning results. It comes in a kit along with a scraper and a cleaning pad. The scraper is extremely safe for glass or ceramic, leaving your cooktop surface clean and without a single scratch.
- Affordable as compared to other such products
- Comes in a complete kit which does not require any additional material or purchase
- Tackles burnt and grease stains or residues
- Leaves behind no scratches even after using the scraper
- May not work for stainless steel surfaces
- Not preferable to use to clean the inside of the oven
Affordable Kit: This cleaning kit is undoubtedly worth the price it comes in. The cleaner works efficiently and leaves your cooktop surface in a condition that is as good as new. It provides extremely good services for the amount you spend on it. As compared to other such products, this one is a great deal at an affordable price.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is a glass or ceramic cooktop stove?
A glass or ceramic cooktop is basically a smooth top appliance that contains metal coiled heating elements. These elements are present under ceramic or glass sheets. These elements are then heated in order to start a burner to cook on it.
2. Why do glass or ceramic cooktops require a special cleaner?
Since these cooktops are quite delicate and have a smooth surface finish, cleaning them roughly with just any ordinary sponge or cleaner may cause the surface to have dents or scratches. This may ruin the look of the cooktop surface and hence make it look horrible.
3. What must you consider before buying a cleaner?
You must consider the following points:
- The amount of liquid or foam you get for the price
- If the liquid manages to remove all kinds of stains or residues
- The kit it comes in (only a cleaner or other tools too)
- If it leaves any scratches in the process of removing the stains
4. How can you clean a glass stove using a cleaner?
You can clean the stove by using a specialized cleaner and following the steps below:
- A limited amount of the cleaner must be sprayed on the surface. Let the product stay on the surface for about 10-12 minutes, so it acts effectively.
- You can then scrape the spots or residues using a scraper or a pad provided in the cleaning kit.
- Caution: Do not use the corner of the scraper as it may cause scratches.
- Finally, you can rinse the surface using a dry cloth or sponge.
Cooktop surface cleaners may be difficult to choose from since they can either give your cooktop a fresh new look or end up ruining it even more than just the dirty grease stains. Your kitchen would surely not look good with a rough and scratched cooktop stove. Hence, choosing wisely before purchasing one of these is the best you could do to maintain that new look for your glass stove and to preserve your kitchen’s look too.